Platinum Band Atlanta was honored to perform for the Annual Chairman's Gala in January
In February I began a search for a videographer to work on Platinum's 2016 Promo Video. My criteria consisted of the following:
- Be authentic!!!! There are a lot of great video's out there but many have studio recorded their audio files. There's nothing wrong with that and we have certainly produced audio files and enjoyed putting our talents down in the studio. But I really wanted our potential clients to see exactly what they are getting without the polish of a mix down.
- Invite our clients to actually get to know some of our band members. We are a real band with members that have been together for many years. I think our clients want to know that we are really a band and we love what we do, love each other like family and will be the same friendly faces when we show up for their party 6 months or a year away.
- To show that we are incredibly versatile, fun and have a lot of energy on stage!
- Hire an innovative video company that is young fresh and hip with great ideas!
- Show how funny some of our band members are! Gus, our drummer, is hilarious. So is Dianna. We laugh a lot and love to mess with one another. This was another aspect of showing our clients our true personality. Hopefully, we won't scare anyone away!!!
So, here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Xn9nGz3C4w
You can also access it on our YouTube channel and on the video tab here on our website. We hope that you love it!
On June 25th, 2016, Platinum had the pleasure of celebrating the wedding of Cassie Umland and Keith Hagerich at the Fabulous Fox Theater in the Egyptian Ballroom. As with all weddings and events we do, we strive to help our clients put together a unique event that really speaks to their personalities their history and their vision. One of the really cool things about this event was that Keith is a DJ. So, he's "in the biz", so to speak. And Keith wanted to be able to DJ for a few minutes since music is a big part of their lives together. We set up a phone conference to see if we could coordinate getting his gear set up pre-reception and then making sure the equipment was ready to go on the band's last break. One concern was no downtime between band stopping and Keith beginning. Glen had music ready to DJ for a few minutes so that any technical issues would not be noticed. Sure enough, with every event, you have to be ready to problem solve and have a plan B as well and go with the flow. And this night was no different. It took a few minutes to figure out a couple of technical issues with Keith's board and our sound equipment but Glen was ready. Very quickly it got worked out and Glen backed off as Keith took over. Cassie handed out Glow Sticks. It was a lot of fun watching the two of them together on the stage, newly married and sharing this time with their closest friends and family. I loved it and was delighted we could help make this happen. You can find the "live" video I did on our FB page: https://www.facebook.com/platinumbandatlanta.
Other quick mentions that I MUST make are the wonderful people that I worked with: Dennis Dean Catering. So friendly, the band meals were dropped right no time and the food was truly excellent. The event planner I worked with was Staci Wright: 239-822- 1290. Staci and I had never worked together before. It takes a little bit to get a groove going between vendors when you haven't worked together. But Staci was so easy to work with, so professional and extremely organized. I highly recommend her!
Lastly, I haven't mentioned THE PIC as titled above so here it is. It says a lot. First, we now have T-shirts that we give out to our clients. Second, it says a lot when the bride and groom stick around just another minute at the end of the night to take a pic with their band. Third, we had such a fun night with these two families and their friends. It was a perfect night in every sense of the word and a great time was had by all!!
Managing Platinum Band Atlanta has been both an honor and a privilege. Managing a variety dance band has it's challenges for sure but as a performer and a person who absolutely loves seeing the pure joy on a guest's face as they dance and celebrate, there are few things I love more than this job. Whether it's a year-end corporate celebration or the happiness on a father of the bride's face as I danced with him and sang his favorite song to him, those are the moments. That is our joy and why we do it, all of us in Platinum. We love this job!!! My second home is my work after my family.
What makes Platinum the "best band in the city' as I'm told very often by our colleagues and repeat clients? It's that love of music and performing that is in our blood and continues with the same passion after literally hundreds of gigs and and hundreds of miles traveled to walk into a building set up, dress up, warm up and show up to give you the "night of your lives". We hope that we continue to share our gifts with you for years to come and we thank each and every person that put your faith in us in years past. See you on the stage...Virginia