Yesterday, I hung up the phone and thought about my conversation with a groom who had just got engaged. He was clearly so excited about his upcoming wedding. It was really sweet and I felt myself get swept up in his energy. " I want to do this wedding!!", I thought. Of course we are in the business of getting excited about whatever your event is, whether it's a wedding reception, gala, fundraiser, or corporate meeting right here in Atlanta. We love it. It's why we do what we do. But I could tell this gentleman was really excited about music. And that is our kinda guy! We started discussing options for the ceremony and cocktail hour music and he mentioned that he'd like to have an acoustic guitar and ukulele duet for ceremony. And I started thinking about the time a few years back when my client had a close friend who played the violin and they asked us to work something up with her. In addition, this wedding was on the side of a mountain at a place called Splendor Mountain. Check it out: http://www.splendormountain.com. I loved the owner of this venue. Such an nice welcoming person and I vowed to get back there someday as a guest. It was an incredibly fun night that included a guest drinking champagne out of his shoe, but I digress. The thing that was really cool was putting the rustic acoustic guitar, keys and violin ceremony music together. I knew the musicians would enjoy this opportunity to do something a little different. In the end, our client was so happy and we enjoyed being able to put this little unique touch together for them. And that folks, is what it's all about.
In February I began a search for a videographer to work on Platinum's 2016 Promo Video. My criteria consisted of the following:
- Be authentic!!!! There are a lot of great video's out there but many have studio recorded their audio files. There's nothing wrong with that and we have certainly produced audio files and enjoyed putting our talents down in the studio. But I really wanted our potential clients to see exactly what they are getting without the polish of a mix down.
- Invite our clients to actually get to know some of our band members. We are a real band with members that have been together for many years. I think our clients want to know that we are really a band and we love what we do, love each other like family and will be the same friendly faces when we show up for their party 6 months or a year away.
- To show that we are incredibly versatile, fun and have a lot of energy on stage!
- Hire an innovative video company that is young fresh and hip with great ideas!
- Show how funny some of our band members are! Gus, our drummer, is hilarious. So is Dianna. We laugh a lot and love to mess with one another. This was another aspect of showing our clients our true personality. Hopefully, we won't scare anyone away!!!
So, here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Xn9nGz3C4w
You can also access it on our YouTube channel and on the video tab here on our website. We hope that you love it!